By Carole M. Counihan
Read Online or Download Around the Tuscan Table: Food, Family, and Gender in Twentieth Century Florence PDF
Similar customs & traditions books
Problems with sexuality and gender are hotly contested in either spiritual groups and nationwide cultures worldwide. within the social sciences, spiritual traditions are frequently depicted as inherently conservative or perhaps reactionary of their commitments to strong patriarchal and pronatalist sexual norms and gender different types.
Many occasions have advanced over centuries, drawing on neighborhood customs and stipulations. even if, because the global turns into more and more globalised, conventional occasions and the identities they aid are more and more being challenged and rituals could be misplaced. Reacting by contrast development in the direction of homogeneity, groups try to maintain or even recreate their conventional occasions, that may require rituals to be resurrected or reinvented for a brand new viewers.
This ebook presents a very good choice of interdisciplinary and overseas essays interpreting the food-place dating. It explores such themes because the historical past of foodstuff and agriculture, the globalization and localization of meals, and the function of position in defining the wider societal effects of this ever-changing phenomena.
DOPO IMPRONTE DEGLI DEI, 10 MILIONI DI COPIE VENDUTE NEL MONDO, L'ATTESISSIMO NUOVO BESTSELLER DI GRAHAM HANCOCK Vent’anni fa Graham Hancock ha scritto «Impronte degli dèi», un libro che esamina in una chiave rivoluzionaria il passato dell’umanità aprendo los angeles strada a un nuovo concetto di archeologia.
- Blood, Milk, and Death: Body Symbols and the Power of Regeneration Among the Zaramo of Tanzania
- Russia on the Eve of Modernity: Popular Religion and Traditional Culture under the Last Tsars (New Studies in European History)
- Viaje a la Huasteca con Guy Stresser-Péan: 0 (Antropologia (Gedisa)) (Spanish Edition)
- Gift-Giving in Japan: Cash, Connections, Cosmologies
- Adoring the Saints: Fiestas in Central Mexico (The William and Bettye Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture of the Western Hemisphere) (William & ... Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture)
- The 21st Century Meeting and Event Technologies: Powerful Tools for Better Planning, Marketing, and Evaluation
Extra info for Around the Tuscan Table: Food, Family, and Gender in Twentieth Century Florence
Around the Tuscan Table: Food, Family, and Gender in Twentieth Century Florence by Carole M. Counihan