By Jennifer Jensen Wallach,Lindsey R. Swindall
Read Online or Download American Appetites: A Documentary Reader (Food and Foodways) PDF
Best customs & traditions books
Problems with sexuality and gender are hotly contested in either non secular groups and nationwide cultures worldwide. within the social sciences, spiritual traditions are frequently depicted as inherently conservative or maybe reactionary of their commitments to strong patriarchal and pronatalist sexual norms and gender different types.
Many occasions have advanced over centuries, drawing on neighborhood customs and stipulations. despite the fact that, because the international turns into more and more globalised, conventional occasions and the identities they aid are more and more being challenged and rituals will be misplaced. Reacting in contrast development in the direction of homogeneity, groups try to maintain or even recreate their conventional occasions, which can require rituals to be resurrected or reinvented for a brand new viewers.
This booklet presents a good choice of interdisciplinary and foreign essays interpreting the food-place courting. It explores such issues because the heritage of meals and agriculture, the globalization and localization of nutrients, and the position of position in defining the wider societal results of this ever-changing phenomena.
DOPO IMPRONTE DEGLI DEI, 10 MILIONI DI COPIE VENDUTE NEL MONDO, L'ATTESISSIMO NUOVO BESTSELLER DI GRAHAM HANCOCK Vent’anni fa Graham Hancock ha scritto «Impronte degli dèi», un libro che esamina in una chiave rivoluzionaria il passato dell’umanità aprendo los angeles strada a un nuovo concetto di archeologia.
- The Ramayana Tradition and Socio-Religious Change in Trinidad, 1917-1990
- Blood, Milk, and Death: Body Symbols and the Power of Regeneration Among the Zaramo of Tanzania
- Food and Culture: A Reader
- Warrior Ways: Explorations in Modern Military Folklore
- The Resilience of Southern Identity: Why the South Still Matters in the Minds of Its People
- Folktales and Fairy Tales: Traditions and Texts from around the World, 2nd Edition [4 volumes]: Traditions and Texts from around the World
Additional resources for American Appetites: A Documentary Reader (Food and Foodways)
American Appetites: A Documentary Reader (Food and Foodways) by Jennifer Jensen Wallach,Lindsey R. Swindall